Popsa is a tech startup using data for good – to help millions of people around the world record and share their stories.
We are developing machine learning technology to curate your photo library, pulling together the most important moments of your life and then automatically designing them into physical products.
We’ve started by creating printed albums, but what you see today is only the start. We have a range of sophisticated automated products - both digital and physical - being developed behind the scenes and we’re hoping you can be a part of the team that makes them a reality.
We believe that state-of-the-art data science, world-class design and intuitive UX can disrupt the existing ways of browsing your photos by creating more meaningful experiences than the typical grid or collage.
It’s a great time to join. We’re working with DesignStudio (creator of the Airbnb and Deliveroo brands) to create a new visual identity that matches our ambitions to do things differently.
We currently operate in 12 languages and ship to 50 countries around the world, and our rapid growth has successfully helped us secure £4million investment that will see us grow to 40+ people with a worldwide reach in the next year.
We’re creating a new Product team to develop the next generation of our apps. If you have mobile product design experience we’re interested in getting to know you.
Our apps will be constantly evolving over the coming years as we add more advanced data science functionality. We’ll need to design non-intrusive ways of tagging faces and gathering feedback on the photos we’ve selected so that our models can improve over time.
We also have the challenge of easing customers through a particularly complex funnel – part e-Commerce flow like Amazon and part photo editor like Instagram – so a scientific approach to product design is essential.
We’re working towards a major new iteration of our physical products that contain much more typography and introduce dynamic graphics based on the data in your photos. These products - so much better than what you see today - will look like professional designers have laid them out by hand and so part of your job will be to design intuitive UI to allow non-designers to make their own edits to our automated suggestions.
We’ll be looking at Google Docs-style collaboration, reward schemes, cross-platform editing and sharing, gamification, baskets, photo filters, pro features and so much more.
Together we aim to create a stunning on-boarding sequence to demonstrate why so many Popsa customers keep coming back.
Your role will be fundamental to the success of the business.
- Your day-to-day tasks will include hands-on design of entire user journeys in our iOS and Android apps.
- You’ll be responsible for conversion, engagement and retention across the entire funnel.
- You’ll also help translate insights from our behavioural analytics and in-person user research into intuitive product solutions.
- You will help to continuously review end-to-end user experience across our digital products all with the aim of increasing customer satisfaction.
- You will develop new functionality with detailed specifications that can be built by our in-house engineering team.
What we're looking for from you
- A UX mindset with 4+ years in mobile app design.
- Attention to detail is critical for this role. If you have a passion for leaving no-stone-unturned, you'll feel at home with us.
- Ideally, you have worked in a startup before and are excited by the ability to influence and not afraid of the associated responsibilities.
- You like working things out first by sketching on paper rather than going straight to Sketch or Figma.
- You enjoy analysing data to make decisions.
- You take the initiative to get results and don’t wait for instructions.
- You have an instinctive knowledge of Apple’s iOS Human Interface Guidelines as well as Google's Material Design.
- You have professional experience of working with engineers and marketers.
We're a close-knit and hard-working team based in the heart of Soho.
We’re happy to share workloads and work late at crunch time, but we also recognise the importance of taking the time to unwind and relax together.
Popsa is a very positive, practical, hands-on company and growth is everyone's responsibility. If that sounds good to you, you're probably a good fit! :-)
Our office is fully lift accessible but there is the occasional narrow door. We’re pretty close to Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus and Tottenham Court Road tube stations, and there are lots of great places for lunch.
Email your CV and portfolio (websites or PDFs are good, but whatever you have to show us) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll do our best to reply to you individually and give you any feedback you might want.