We are looking for talented and dedicated Senior Software Engineers to help us build out a world beating feature set. Joining our engineering team and you’ll be responsible for developing new features and services to help us continue to deliver a great product to our customers that helps our company and their money grow.
What you can expect to be doing:
You will be working with a team to deliver new API capabilities that provide features for Chips customers intended to grow our user base and retain them in the long run. This will be achieved by working on the development of new microservices that will be deployed across our AWS estate. A strong interest in mentoring and guiding fellow engineers will you regularly involved in show & tell sessions with the goal of helping enable not just the engineers but the whole company in understanding what it is to be an engineer at Chip.
What we’re looking for:
- Programming language experience in one of the following: PHP, Python, Java.
- Experience with a PHP framework such as Laravel
- Strong understanding of design patterns (bus, repository, decorator, etc)
- Strong understanding of mutable vs immutable databases
- Experience with manipulating data structures and performing performance audits of codebase and database.
- Development locally with Containers (Docker) through to production.
- Strong understanding of branching strategies and where best to use them.
- An understanding of Microservice architecture and how to develop micro services.
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £55,000 - £85,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Share option scheme.
- 5% interest bonus on all Chip savings
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Face to Face interview with the hiring manager
- Final Interview and chance to meet your new peers