The Senior Python Engineer role is an essential addition to the allplants Engineering team; you will take a leading role in defining, creating and owning key systems and bring essential expertise into our team to help us continue to create sector-leading digital experiences.
Our Python API and platform are integral to our business. In the coming months we will extend that API to provide more functionality to frontend services, overhaul our data infrastructure, and continue to level-up our dev-ops, scalability and security.
Have ownership throughout.
- Be hands-on with Python services crucial to allplants’ day-to-day functioningCoordinate the planning, execution and release of projects, working closely with the Product and Business Intelligence teams- Help develop strategy for our APIs, data infrastructure, and integrations
Be a team player.
- Work in cross-functional squads with the frontend engineers, Product and Marketing to iteratively create sector-leading digital experiences. Use your expertise to coach junior engineers and level-up our team. Contribute to hiring and further building out our team of top-notch engineers
- Define how we monitor our API and platform and maintain excellent uptimeHelp us refine our existing development and team processes to work even smarterA pathway into managerial responsibilities and/or continued individual contribution
You will be reporting into Barney Jackson, our Head of Engineering. You can find out a bit more about him here and here.
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you [are/have]:
Must haves *
- At least 4 years of experience working with Python APIs
- Master of at least one Python web/API framework
- Confident with a common SQL DB, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Experience combining and transforming data in data warehouses
- Ability to effectively trade-off quality and execution speedDesire to share knowledge and enable others
- Experience working in microservice architecture
- Bonus points for experience building APIs in Flask
*Please note! The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
our offer.- Be part of a business with purpose (certified B-Corp), using commercial growth to better serve people & planet- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment- Salary - £45,000 to £65,000 depending on experience- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), pension plan and stock options from day one- Career development plan - Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings(!)- A dog-friendly office with cute pooches- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)- Listed as Escape The City’s Top 100 companies to work for ✌️