We are a digital agency based in Kentish Town. We partner with leading brands and retailers to engage with their customers through user experience design, creative design and content creation. We’re fortunate enough to work with some fantastic fashion and retail brands and most of our new business comes from recommendation.
Part of our development process is automated. This automation process has been built internally using NodeJS, Handlebars, SASS and Gulp. An understanding of these would be essential. We are looking for someone that will lead, maintain and improve this automation project as well as work on the day to day builds (landing pages, content pages, blogs, etc). Ability to quickly pick up and try new approaches is essential.
Working within a fantastic team of developers and content managers, you will work across multiple development projects and work streams. You’ll use your creative problem solving skills to anticipate challenges, implement design provide continuous integration and delivery with peer code review and driving improvements to the Software Engineering Environment. .
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow an already well established team. Being at the forefront of technical decisions and looking for new and innovative ideas to improve processes.
You will build relationships with both the creative and technical client teams and be the main technical point of contact, attending meetings and technical discussions.
The successful candidate will take ownership and lead the technical aspects of the projects, improve current processes, be interested in learning new web technologies and always be looking at ways to improve the team.
Essential skills and experience:
● Significant experience as a Front End Developer (digital agency experience desirable)
● Able to work at pace with competing deadlines and adjust to differing client expectations
● Tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
● Strong problem solving skills that anticipate challenges and plan for them
● Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
● Understand REST APIs and AJAX.
● Deep understanding of GIT version control
● Proven ability to keep up to date knowledge of Front End Technologies (eg. ECMA6, WebP images, speed optimisation techniques)
● Experience of CSS-Preprocessor (SASS)
● Experience with GULP task runners
● Experience with NodeJS and Handlebars
● Translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. (pixel perfect)
● Knowledge of Cross Browser, cross-platform and cross-device responsive development.and client side performance
● Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
● Client-facing experience across multiple accounts
● Be up to date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies
Desirable skills and experience:
● Creating bespoke CMS (Wordpress) themes and experience of managing CMS content on Tier one platforms (Demandware is desirable)
● Familiarity with MVC web frameworks and data driven applications.
● Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies.
● Good experience with Bootstrap framework.
● Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues, client-side performance.
● Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
● Building bespoke responsive HTML emails
Tech Tools and practices we use:
GIT version control
REST APIs and AJAX.
ECMA6, WebP images
GULP task runners
UX/UI wireframe translated to code
Integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages Headless Architecture
Progressive web app