Platform Engineer responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with AWS and Terraform, we’d like to meet you.
What you can expect to be doing:
You will be working with a talented team of engineers help build the Chip platform. We’re all about automation and security at scale - Terraform, GitOps and AWS. You can expect to be using a range of tools such as Terraform, Inspec, Jenkins and more in your day to day role, interacting with over 25 AWS accounts, all doing different things. You should be able to be flexible in response to customer needs and work closely with a team of developers to help build the world’s best savings account.
What we’re looking for*:
- Scripting experience: Bash, Python, GoLang
- Infrastructure Experience: Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation
- Cloud Service Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Container / Container Orchestration experience: Docker (e.g. ECS, EKS, Rancher, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience deploying containers into highly automated AWS environments
- Experience with DNS management (Route53, especially with split horizon)
- Experience defining and deploying secure IAM access controls across hub-and-spoke accounts, with a strong understanding of federated protocols
- Security awareness (access controls, deep packet inspection, security groups, network ACLs)
- Understanding of Microservice Architecture / Mesh technologies and how to deploy / manage them
What we’re really looking for: ✍️
Although we’re in the financial space, we’re about having fun together to build the world’s best savings account. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us. At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, eq, fun stories, and ability to smile even when things are tough. Code monkeys need not apply.
- £65,000 - £75,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Share option scheme
- 5% interest bonus on all Chip savings
- Workplace pension scheme (Employer: 3% / Employee: 4% / Tax Relief: 1% / Total: 8%)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count) ✈️
- Free Classpass membership or gym membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Chancery Lane
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup 🚀
Our Interview process: 📖
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Face to Face interview with the hiring manager
- Final Interview and chance to meet your new peers