We are looking for a proactive and curious Mid-Level Designer to join our in-house Creative Team. Our studio is a busy, multi-skilled hub, built to shape and grow our brand into a beloved household name.
You will be passionate about bringing a brand to life across a wide variety of formats. From marketing materials and tote-bags to content for the website, from pushing the brand guidelines to magazine layouts you will help shape our brand look and feel across all digital and print touch-points. Our creative strategy is ever moving and evolving, in the next year alone we expect to create everything from events series to beautiful content to fill our YouTube channel.
We are looking for creatives and makers keen to work in a non-specialist environment who love creating inspiring design solutions to any problem. You will report into our Head of Creative Projects, Katie, and will take part in defining the Creative Team culture as we build and grow.
what you'll be doing.
The scope and main responsibilities of this role are detailed below. This isn’t fully exhaustive but will cover off the main elements for the first 6 months.
Brand guidelines and proposition: Work with Katie to expand and refine our brand guidelines to keep them fresh, relevant and robust enough to support content creation. Geek out on getting to know our customers, putting them and their needs at the heart of all your design.
Marketing and campaigns: Work with Marketing across a wide range of channels to bring our brand to life, visually communicating who we are producing a range of engaging direct response advertising for Facebook, YouTube and Google across a variety of formats. Taking ideas from concept to execution for a variety of direct marketing activations, enjoying every part of the process from mood-boarding to artworking. Art directing our in-house Junior Creatives on shoots and smaller projectsWork across a range of print, finding new and interesting solutions for the Marketing teams in retention and acquisition.
Social Concept: ideas to keep our social content on point and relevant in an ever-shifting space, you will be curious and aware of the trends in social media, suggesting new ways to engage our audience
Digital and web: Work with the Product Team to provide assets for use on the website.
Team and culture: Our creative team will be growing with our brand, and you will play a major role in defining how that happens. This means proactive head hunting, being involved in the interview process, and helping with team on-boarding. As a mid-level creative you should naturally be inclined to mentor more junior team members, sharing your expertise to accelerate their growth and strengthening our team as a whole
what you'll need.*
- You have 3-5 years experience working for a high-growth start up or as part of a busy agency.
- You are proficient in the use of Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- You are capable in, or keen to develop a wider skill-set including AfterEffects and Premiere, illustration skills are desirable but not essential.
- You are keen to shape the team culture as well as crafting the brand look and feel.
- You are a natural problem solver and understand how to scrutinise a brief in order to provide the best possible solution.
- You are an able communicator, happy to present to internal team members and discussing your ideas and rationale with confidence.
- You enjoy being a non-specialist, able to turn your hand to a wide range of design challenges.
- You have a portfolio full of examples of design work across multiple channels as a result.
- You have proven experience working within and shaping brand guidelines, considering the values of the brand in your designs as opposed to your personal style.
- You are proactive with a can-do attitude, full of great ideas and able to get stuff done autonomously.
- You are a perfectionist who knows when to let go; happy to craft and fine tune but able to hold that in tension with the pace of the business.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and take feedback well, knowing how to ask the right questions to mine for understanding in order to keep projects moving.
- You are highly organised and communicate well with stakeholders and project management on project progress.
- You bring a sense of humour, high energy, and passion for the plant-powered future we’re building.
- * This is in no way an exhaustive list, and if you feel you don't have some or all of these traits and skills - we'd still LOVE you to apply!
Be part of a business with purpose (certified B-Corp), using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
Salary ranging from £30,000-£42,000 depending on experience
24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), pension plan and stock options from day one
Career development plan
Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings(!)
A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
Listed as Escape The City’s Top 100 companies to work for ✌️